Location: Home >> Information >> History >> 415 Sqn
AD METAM (To the mark)
Badge: Argent a swordfish proper variant
Battle Honours: Atlantic 1942, English Channel and North Sea 1942-44, France and Germany 1944-45, Biscay Ports 1944, Ruhr 1944-45, German Ports 1944-45, Normandy 1944, Rhine, Biscay 1942-43
History: Forming on 20 August 1941 at Thorney Island, England, 415 Torpedo Bomber Squadron flew exclusively from British airfields until they were disbanded on 15 May 1945. They reformed at RCAF Station Summerside on 1 May 1961 as 415 Maritime Patrol Squadron. On 1 July 1981, the squadron moved to CFB Greenwood where they remain today.
Aircraft flown by 415 Squadron: